1 give or delegate power or authority to; "She authorized her assistant to sign the papers" [syn: authorise, authorize]
- Rhymes: -aʊə(r)
Variants of the term empower occur in:
- Empower America, a conservative think tank in the U.S.
- EMPOWER, a Thai organization supporting sex workers
- Empower The People, Bret Schundler's conservative New Jersey organization
- EmPower, a standard for 15 Volt DC power outlets in passenger airplanes
- Empower, the flow of emergy.
- Empower and Empower2, HPLC software developed by Waters Corporation.
- EmPower, A web content management system for ColdFusion by Ektron Corporation.
- Empower Energy Solutions, a subsidiary company of Dubai Holding which provides district cooling in Dubai.
accredit, arm, assign, authorize, certificate, certify, charge, charter, clothe, clothe with power, commission, commit, consign, delegate, depute, deputize, detach, detail, devolute, devolve, devolve upon, enable, endow, endue, enfranchise, entitle, entrust, franchise, give in charge, give official sanction, give power, invest, legalize, legitimize, license, mission, patent, post, privilege, ratify, sanction, send out, transfer, validate, vest, warrant